Insurance for one driver aged 25-70 with a full, clean UK driving licence is included in the rental price. Our insurance company could arrange insurance cover for additional drivers, drivers 21-24, over 70, non-UK drivers, and drivers with points on their licences (there may be an additional premium payable, or it may not be possible at all,depending on the driver - just ask us to find out).

On the day you collect your vehicle we will need the following from each driver:

• Card driver’s licence
• DVLA Licence Summary (for UK drivers)
• Passport
• Utility bill/bank statement/NI statement confirming your address

Damage Excess Reducer
Normally, a damage excess of £1000 applies to all insurance claims. So, you are responsible for paying the first £1000 of all claims (this relates to any damage to the campervan). You can reduce this excess to £500 by paying a damage excess reducer fee of £20 per day on hires of 7 days or longer.

(It is very important that you provide accurate drivers’ details and relevant info and you must keep us informed of any changes to drivers’ details and/or circumstances. We will inform you of any additional premiums payable as soon as possible, but we reserve the right to pass on premiums quoted by our insurance company until the point of hire. Our insurance company will check the drivers’ details against the DVLA, police, MID and insurance agencies prior to the vehicle hire. Outthere Campervans reserve the right to cancel the booking if the insurance risk is calculated and found to be too high).

Our insurance does not cover your personal belongings or cancellation due to illness, etc. We do recommend that you have your own travel insurance policy just in case.

Please see our Terms and conditions for further info.